Conference Assistant Positions
Conference Services is seeking qualified students to assist professional staff and managers with all aspects of conference coordination and production. Successful candidates will posses knowledge of the Georgia Tech Campus and the Atlanta area. Prior experience in the Georgia Tech Housing Department and knowledge of Georgia Tech Auxiliary Services' facilities and services is a plus. A background in hospitality, customer service, and/or public relations is also a helpful, but not essential.
This position has variable shifts, meaning these staff members can expect a fluctuating schedule from week-to-week. Schedules are posted on a weekly basis, allowing one week to submit requests for shift adjustments as necessary. Part-time applicants are welcome, however, this position best suits full-time staff members who are not taking classes, giving them a flexible schedule throughout summer.
Part-time Conference Assistants will be required to be available for an estimated minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum 20 hours per week.
Full-time Conference Assistants will be required to be available for an estimated minimum of 30 hours per week, maximum 40 hours per week.
**Full-time candidates may not register for summer classes or have other summer employment.
Take into consideration the following expectations for Conference Assistants when applying for a position.
- Assist all conference staff in the operation and development of the summer conference programs.
- Act in a customer service capacity with conference clientele and guests.
- Serve as the first point of contact for conference guests, campus students, staff, and all other visitors
- Assist in answering, in person and on the phone, any and all questions about the services we offer, conference schedules, general campus information, and often about the Atlanta area, as well.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills a must.
- Assist with group check-in/check-out processes and procedures.
- Monitor and trouble shoot conference and camp activities.
- Handle emergencies and other situations that arise when the professional staff is unavailable.
- Provide administrative support and basic clerical services.
- Follow dress code and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Some light lifting will be required.
- Driving a Departmental vehicle required. Applicant MUST possess a valid US driver's license. Mandatory training will be provided.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, free of other major time commitments, within a 24 hour/7 days a week work environment.
- Overnight duty shifts will be scheduled on a rotational basis among all Full Time staff throughout the summer.
Full Time: Pay rates starting at $9.00-10.00/hr*, with on-campus housing provided
Part Time: Pay rates starting at $9.00-10.00/hr*
* Base rate is dependent on the type of shift worked. Opportunities for higher pay rates available, depending on experience with Conference Services.[Apply Home | Top]