Set-up Services Team
The Set-up Services Team will be responsible for event set-up and breakdown, inspection/preparation of lodging facilities, and equipment inventory and maintenance. This includes arranging furniture such as beds, chairs, tables, tents, and other heavy equipment. Other responsibilities include set-up and breakdown of audio-visual equipment, troubleshooting issues with that equipment, and customer service as it relates to clients and their requested equipment. This position will also assist with guest linen needs. Set-up Services staff may be asked to perform specific tasks not listed, but related to duties mentioned above. These staff members may occassionally assist with conference registration or check-out.
Part-time Set-up Services staff will be required to be available for an estimated minimum of 15 hours per week, maximum 20 hours per week.
Full-time Set-up Services staff will be required to be available for an estimated minimum of 30 hours per week, maximum 40 hours per week.
**Full-time candidates may not register for summer classes or have other employment.
Successful Candidate Will:
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be willing to perform equipment set-up/breakdown duties indoors and out
- Be able to successfully complete inventory checks, as well as, maintain written or electronic logs
- Have basic knowledge of audio and visual equipment; or be willing to learn basic set-up, breakdown and troubleshooting techniques
- Work well with other Set-up and A/V Team members
- Facilitate strong communication with the Set-up Services Manager
- Always be ready and willing to provide excellent customer service and support related to event equipment
- Always dress according to the specified code to be presented during staff training
- Answer any and all client questions via phone or in person
- Assist with guest registration and check-out processes
- Overnight duty shifts will be scheduled on a rotational basis among all Full Time staff throughout the summer.
- Driving a Departmental vehicle required. Applicant MUST possess a valid US driver's license. Mandatory training will be provided.
Full Time: Pay rates starting at $9.00-10.00/hr*, plus full summer GT Housing credit
Part Time: Pay rates starting at $9.00-10.00/hr*
* Base rate is dependent on the type of shift worked. Opportunities for higher pay rates available, depending on experience with Conference Services.[Apply Home | Top]