Thank you for choosing to stay with Georgia Tech Conference Services! Our staff is dedicated to providing an enjoyable, safe, and stress-free summer for all guests staying on the beautiful Georgia Tech campus.
This Visitor Guide contains answers to any questions you may have about your time on campus. For additional assistance, please contact our office at 404-894-2469.
- Your Building
- Building Guidelines
- Card Services
- Campus Services
- Campus Transportation and Shuttles
- Safety and Security
- Internet Access
- Office of Conference Services
Access and Keys
All doors to your building will remain locked at all times as an added security measure. For entry to the residence hall, simply scan your Conference Card on the small card readers next to each entrance. If you are without your Conference Card, your apartment key can also be used to open building entrances.
We suggest carrying your keys on your person at all times to prevent a lockout, but should you ever need assistance, Conference Services staff are available 24/7 to help. Lockout signs with our office phone numbers are posted at every building entrance.
If locked out between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, please call 404-894-2469.
If locked out between the hours of 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM, please call 404-428-6752.
Keys and Conference Cards
Conference guests must return their key(s) and/or Conference Cards at the end of their stay. Any lost or damaged keys or cards will incur a significant fine.
Many residence halls include a small fitness center in the building or an adjacent building.
Each housing community has an assigned laundry facility located either in the building or in an adjacent building. All machines are front loading and require either a Conference Card or Georgia Tech BuzzCard to operate. Laundry at Georgia Tech is FREE, however, laundry supplies such as detergent or dryer sheets are not provided.
For more information, please view the Housing Laundry Guide.
Georgia Tech Department of Housing and Residence Life has a fully equipped and prepared team of maintenance professionals to help with any maintenance needs that may arise. Please report all Non-Emergency and Emergency maintenance issues to the appropriate personnel for prompt service.
Issues that you may have with your apartment should be addressed quickly by contacting Georgia Tech Conference Services staff. Please call 404-894-2469 or email email@example.com with your name, bulding and room number, and a description of the issue.
Non-Emergency requests include:
Smoke detector batteries, etc.
Emergency maintenance is necessary when there is a maintenance issue that affects your safety and immediate well-being. These issues require immediate attention and should not be delayed. Please contact Conference Services staff to resolve these issues quickly by calling 404-894-2469 between the hours of 8:00AM – 8:00PM or calling our after hours staff at 404-428-6752 with your name, bulding and room number, and a description of the issue.
Emergency requests include:
No lights at all
Person stuck in elevator, etc.
Please review important building policies and community guidelines listed below.
Sprinkler heads are not to be tampered with or used to hang personal items. Signs are posted by every sprinkler as a friendly reminder. Disregarding these policies may result in discharging a sprinkler that pours out 250 gallons of water per minute. This will flood your apartment and surrounding apartments. Georgia Tech and the Office of Conference Services are not responsible for the loss or damages you may incur as a result of a sprinkler discharged due to resident negligence.
A resident who knowingly causes a sprinkler to activate may be subject to eviction.
Fish in aquariums no larger than 10 gallons are the only permissible pet in the residential facilities at Georgia Tech. An individual found to have any non-permissible pet within the residence will be fined and may be subject to eviction.
Service animals are welcomed at Georgia Tech. To ensure swift accommodation for you and your documented service animal, please notify the Office of Conference Services immediately so arrangements may be made prior to your check-in date.
Life Safety Checks
As a resident of Georgia Tech, you are subject to Safety Inspections during designated times in the summer. Staff will be checking rooms to make sure there are no safety or fire hazards. Here are some of the policies that must be adhered to:
The following is prohibited:
- Halogen-torchbearer lights.
- Open flames including candles, incense burners, and open element hot plates.
- Extension cords may not power a major appliance (refrigerator, mini-fridge, television, computer, microwave, etc.).
- Extension cords or cables of any kind obstructed by flammable material such as rugs or carpeting.
- Items hanging from or attached to the overhead lights, sprinkler heads, pipes, or ceiling.
Health and Safety Requirements
- Cleanliness of the bedroom and apartment must be maintained to prevent health hazards.
- Power strips with multiple outlets must have a surge protector.
- Refrigerators, including mini-fridges, must be plugged directly into a wall receptacle (outlet).
- Only one major appliance may be plugged into a wall receptacle (outlet).
A Conference Card is provided at check-in and is used to enter assigned residential buildings and meeting spaces across campus as well as enter our dining halls and operate laundry machines.
To enter buildings, scan your Conference Card on the small proximity scanners located near the room or building entrances. For laundry, there are kiosks located within the laundry room that will activate the desired machine by scanning a Conference Card. If using our dining halls, swipe your Conference Card at entry and enjoy a delicious meal!
I Lost My Conference Card!
A lost or damaged Conference Card will result in a replacement fee of $50. Please contact the Office of Conference Services to replace your card quickly.
Georgia Tech offers a variety of transportation options to travel safely and easily around campus and to locations in the surrounding area. Read more below to learn about the options available to the Georgia Tech community and its guests.
The Stinger Shuttles has 4 routes: Gold, Red, Blue, and Green. Red and Blue serve the core of Georgia Tech campus, while the Green extends North and South of campus to GTRI and Techwood Parkway. The Gold Route bus is an on-campus service that provides transportation between Tech Square, Midtown MARTA, and the main campus. The bus runs through the heart of campus along Ferst Drive and includes a stop at the Campus Recreation Center.
For live updates visit Stinger Bus Information. Generally, buses run at 12 minute intervals Mon – Fri and 40 min on weekends
- Red Route: Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. – 9:45 p.m.
- Blue Route: Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Green Route: Mon-Fri, 6:45 a.m. – 9 p.m.
The Stingerette Van provides call-in, on-campus service after shuttles have stopped running. The vans run 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. No early calls will be taken and no calls are taken after 6:30 a.m.
To request a ride, call 404-385-7275.
- Be prepared with the number of riders, the name of the pickup building, and the name of the destination building.
- Be outside when the van arrives. Stingerettes will only wait for 5 minutes.
- Travel is only single-leg and one-way.
- Drivers cannot change destination and will only serve campus properties after shuttle service has ended.
Stinger bus service is provided to Atlantic station’s Publix grocery store on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., with the exception of Institute holidays. Atlantic Station offers many other stores and shops to visit. This includes: Ikea, H&M, Dillards, Target, and more. There are also many restaurant options as well as a Regal Movie Theater with IMAX. More information about he shuttle system is available online at Other Shuttles.
Your safety is a priority here at Georgia Tech. Please review the information below to learn more about important safety measures on campus.
Campus police can be reached 24/7 at 404-895-2500 for emergencies and non-emergencies. More information about the Georgia Tech Police Department can be found at police.gatech.edu.
Evacuation Plan and Location
In the case of activated fire alarm, it is very important that you leave the building as quickly as possible.
As you exit:
1. Turn off all appliances, including the stove/oven if cooking.
2. Put on shoes and a coat if needed.
3. Feel doors as you exit. If they feel hot to the touch, be careful.
4. Exit to the nearest stairwell.
5. If you cannot exit because of the fire, call the campus police and then go to your window and open it.
Campus police can be reached at 404-894-2500.
Please review the Fire Evacuation Procedures to be prepared in an emergency.
Evacuation maps are located inside the entrance door of every reseidence and in every stairwell.
Developing simple habits from the moment you arrive on campus can reduce the likelihood of problems and headaches in the future.
- Lock your doors and carry your keys whenever you are away from your room.
- Do not prop any exterior doors, or allow them to be propped open. This is convenient for thieves. To prevent this, all doors have alarms that will go off after 30 seconds.
- Keep a record of the serial numbers on your television, computers, stereos, bike, etc and register these items with the Georgia Tech Police Department. It is helpful to take pictures of these items. You can find more information about registering your items on GTPD’s website.
- Protect items such as credit and debit cards. Do not write your pin number on your cards.
- Report theft. If you have any valuables stolen, you can take action. First, file a report with the Georgia Tech Police Department by calling: 404-894-2500. You can give them serial numbers and copies of pictures of your valuables, or let them know that items are registered to their database.
- Do not leave clothes unattended in the laundry room for an extended period of time. Residents will be sharing a laundry facility with other guests.
Internet information for connecting your devices can be found below.
Please contact us if you need wired internet instructions
- Connect your computer to the data jack (usually bottom jack) using a Cat 5 Ethernet Cable
- Go to start.gatech.edu in a browser. Follow the instructions to register your computer.
For non-computer devices (smart tv, game consoles, etc) contact the Office of Conference Services at 404-894-2469.
Contact Conference Services
The Office of Conference Services is located behind Freeman Residence Hall on Georgia Tech’s West Campus.
Monday – Sunday
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Freeman Residence Hall, 835 McMillan St.
After hours assistance available overnight
8:00 PM – 8:00 AM