2022 Student Spotlight: Matt Oliver

The Office of Conference Services congratulates graduating student staff member, Matt Oliver.

Caps Off to Our Graduates

The Office of Conference Services would like to recognize the seniors on our staff, not only for their hard work, dedication and contribution to our efforts but also for their academic accomplishment. You have studied throughout the night; worked on countless papers and projects; sweated over exams; laughed, cried and everything in between. To this we say congratulations and a hearty thank you! You made it! You are a Georgia Institute of Technology graduate!

We celebrate you and appreciate everything you have contributed to make our office a success. We hope your time working with us has been as beneficial to you as it has been to us. We wish you health, happiness, blessings and every good thing.

Graduating Student Staff Member

Matt Oliver

Major: Computer Science (Information Internetworks & Devices)

What I learned working with conference services: By working hard, paying attention to detail and caring about your customers you can really change their whole summer experience with one interaction, so make them count and be friendly.

Other Involvement at Georgia Tech: Intramural sports, GT Spikeball team (Ramblin’ Roundnet), GT 1000 TL, frisbee and volleyball pickup groups, volunteering with Circle K club, Explore LLC, as well as working with another Housing and Residence Life division (Operations and Strategic Alliances).

Favorite Georgia Tech Memory: I really liked waking up for the sunset and would often run to piedmont park to watch it at the lake in the mornings. On daylight savings I thought that the sunrise would be too early to go to so on the last day I asked a bunch of my friends that I met over the years (First Year dorm mates, Conference Services staff, intramurals, sports clubs, classes and a few other people) to come and watch the sunrise with me before classes began. A lot of my friends came, and it was so nice to share that experience with friends from all areas of my college experience. It showed me how people at tech love the community if you just make sure to ask them and include them in things. I actually got the time change wrong, fall back meant that we had more time for the sunrise the next day, but everyone still came out.

Advice to Incoming First-Year Students: There is so much more to learn in college than your coursework. The classes are important but on campus employment, research positions, club involvement and many other things can help you learn so much more than you intended to at your time at Tech.

Related Media

Conference Services SSM Matt Oliver

For More Information Contact

Jennifer Watson
Program Manager, Conference Services
Department of Housing and Residence Life
Georgia Institute of Technology